Tuesday 30 May 2017

Sarah's diary


“ What on Earth am I doing this for? ”- This is the first thing I have thought while getting to the airport. I was really excited, I felt like a child on his first school day. It was a new experience for me and, due to my anxiety, I was up to tell my mum “please, take me home”. Luckily, I said nothing and quickly, after having said goodbye, I got on board. The flight lasted few hours and in the middle of the afternoon I arrived to Barcelona. There I found a really nice family who was waiting for me and, as soon as they saw me, they ran towards me for a hug. Firstly I was dazed but then, when they started talking to know something about me, I felt really involved and well-liked. They showed me the house and the first thing I’ve noticed was a poster on the chimney - “Welcome to Sarah Ricci”. On that moment I realised that I would feel like home and so it was. I think I will never forget the way I felt that week, it’ ll remain etched in my heart. I’ve known a lot of people and each of them have given something to me. I can’t explain the satisfaction, the pleasure, the excitement and the happiness I was covered in and I can say that the friendships we have created were true. All the guys made me better and I will be grateful forever. I didn’t know how to say goodbye, I was in tears and the family too. The guys have cried for days and we couldn’t separate from each other. At the airport we were compelled to say goodbye and I felt really lost, I felt like I was saying goodbye to a part of me, like it was the last time we would meet. It has been the best week of my life and I promise I will come back to my little large family.


No comments:

Post a Comment